Carpets are currently one of the most common flooring types you will ever see since it presents a lot of advantages in terms of comfort and beauty. However, like all flooring types, the beauty will only be present and will only last long with proper maintenance. Carpet flooring is not expensive, but it’s not cheap either. Therefore, it is only proper to clean it and maintain it properly.
– Should I clean it or should I let a professional do it?
It is important to note that, by yourself, you cannot make your carpet flooring one hundred percent clean, but you can only make it less dusty or visually clean. You can vacuum it for maintenance or remove stains by yourself. However, it is always advisable that you let carpet cleaning professionals to clean it deeply either once every two months or once every three months.
– What is the best way to clean my carpet?
The best way to clean your carpet is to keep it from getting dirty in the first place. When on carpet floors, try hard to prevent wet stains from spilling on the floor such as sodas, wine, juices and others. It will also be very beneficial for the carpet flooring if everyone walks on it wearing socks or walking on it barefoot, so you must encourage other family members to leave their shoes at the doorstep.
– How do I clean my carpet by myself?
There are many methods in cleaning a carpet, and it is important to note that none of them are superior to the others. It all depends on the situation.
(1) Dry Vacuuming – This will catch any dust on the surface and prevent them from getting deep into the fibers, as well as unlucky dust mites. It is advised to vacuum twice a week on places with heavy traffic or once every two weeks for places with light to moderate traffic. Also, it is important to note that dry vacuuming will only take so much out of the carpet, so other cleaning methods may be required after a period of time.
(2) Hot Water Treatment – In this method, hot water is sprayed on the carpet and then extracted immediately by a wet vacuum, carrying with it dissolved soil.
(3) Shampooing – A special shampoo treatment made specially for carpets is applied to the carpet and then extracted by a wet vacuum, carrying with it dissolved soil or any dissolved stain.
(4) Dry Cleaning – A special cleaning agent made of dry but absorbent compounds is sprinkled on the carpet and worked into a pile by a machine. After about half an hour, it can be vacuumed, taking with it the soils it has suspended.
Which professional carpet cleaning service should I choose?
Choosing a right carpet cleaning service can be tough nowadays, since carpet cleaning services tend to produce claims and counter-claims among themselves. There are ways to narrow down your search. First, look for professional cleaners that have other professional affiliations that can keep them well-informed of modern cleaning methods. It is also advisable to ask other people about their experiences with other carpet cleaning services. Lastly, beware of carpet cleaning services that charge rates that are unbelievably low; if it’s too good to be true, it’s probably not.